Library opening hours update
In the week commencing 11 January, The Bodleian Healthcare Libraries are open as follows:
- Cairns Library: open via card entry 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday to clinical medical students who need to be onsite at the JR for clinical activity. The book room will be open for self-service loan of library books on Thursday 14th January from 9am to 11am.
- Knowledge Centre: Temporarily closed.
- Girdlestone Memorial Library (Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre): Temporarily closed.
These hours are subject to review in light of guidance from the Government, University and OUH so may be revised at short notice - please check our website and social media for the latest updates to services.
The Radcliffe Science Library at the Vere Harmsworth Library and some of our other city centre libraries are open (bookings required) for the following hours until further notice:
- Monday – Friday, 10am to 4pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
You will need to book a desk or other slot via Space Finder for the VHL or other city centre Bodleian libraries before you arrive.
Update on online resources
New online journals
- Nature Aging (coming soon)
- Nature Cancer (coming soon)
- Nature Metabolism (coming soon)
- Nature Food (coming soon)
- Nature Reviews Methods Primers (launching later in January)
- Lancet Respiratory Medicine
- Primer of Population Genetics and Genomics - Hartl D. 4th Edition, 2020
- Janeway’s Immunobiology - Murphy, K. et al. 9th edition, 2017
- Fields Virology: Emerging Viruses Volume 1 - Howley, P. et al. 7th edition, 2021 (coming soon)