The role of the Divisional Safety Team is to help heads of department fulfil their health and safety responsibilities and ensure compliance with University Safety Policies.
- We carry out safety inspections and audits
- Complete fire risk assessments
- Provide local generic and bespoke safety training
- Review and advise on risk assessments
- Manage local hazardous waste disposal stores
- Attend Departmental Safety Committee Meetings
- Process occupational health surveillance registration screening forms
- Sign off access application documents for Biomedical Services
- Collaborate with the safety teams of the local Trust and Private Finance Initiative
Please see the University Safety Office website for more details.