Research Skills & Training
- MSD Skills Training courses
- Research Support Training – includes training on ethic and integrity, Human Tissue Act, Good Clinical Practice and more
- Research Staff Development Framework - seeks to draw out the support structures in place in the Medical Sciences Division and is structured according to an employee lifecycle for a typical fixed-term, three-year postdoctoral post at Oxford.
- Personal and Professional Development for Researchers - University of Oxford Support for Researchers website
- Research Staff Peer Mentoring Scheme - details about divisional mentoring scheme and how to apply
- Researchers Training - graduate and post-doc training opportunities across the University
- Bodleian iSkills - training and workshops delivered by the Bodleian Library
- Biomedical Services courses - training for researchers who use animals in research
General Training and Development
- Careers Service advice for research staff - access employment briefings and career advice, receive application guidance, view talks/fairs/workshops, book an appointment
- The Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) - support for all those who teach at the University of Oxford, including a range of teaching practices that are relevant to Oxford's unique learning environment.
- IT Services courses
- People and Organisational Development (POD) - design, advise on and deliver personal development workshops, programmes and coaching and mentoring schemes for all staff groups, and a range of practical support for leaders and managers.
- Public Engagement Training - Introduction to Public Engagement with Research courses
- Training & Development - List of training and development providers, on University of Oxford Staff Gateway
- Advanced Research Computing (ARC) - central resource available to any Oxford University researcher who needs high performance computing (HPC)
- Clinical Trials and Research Governance - University support for clinical researchers
- Data Protection - University data protection policy and guidance
- Data Protection and Research – Specific information, including guidelines, for researchers about the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and how it affects research projects.
- Human Tissue Governance – University guidance, resources, support and training for facilitating compliance with the Human Tissue Act 2004
- Information Security - help securing accounts, devices and data
- Research Data Oxford - information on organising, structuring, storing, and caring for the information used or generated during a research project. Their Induction Resources offer sessions tailored for graduate students and new researchers
- Research Facilities and Equipment Database - searchable list of research equipment or facilities within the University
- Research Integrity and Ethics - University policies, guidelines and procedures related to research integrity
- Bodleian Libraries - information about using University of Oxford libraries and their resources
- EQUATOR Network - resources for writing and publishing high quality health research
- Open Access - essential information about submitting publications for the REF
- ORCID - a unique researcher identifier, increasingly becoming the method of choice by funders and publishers globally to unambiguously link people to their publications and grants
- Policy for naming new Research Centres within the Medical Sciences Division- guidance and support around the formation of new research areas
- Symplectic Elements - user information about the University’s tool to record bibliographic and other information about research outputs
- Oxford University Research Archive (ORA) - the University’s institutional repository, and its permanent and secure archive