Frequently asked questions
- Do you offer places through UCAS Clearing and Adjustment?
- Do you have a minimum age requirement for Medicine?
- Can I transfer in from another university?
- Can I study for an intercalated degree at Oxford?
- I was unsuccessful in my application - can I get some feedback?
- My application was rejected - am I allowed to re-apply?
- Can I visit the Medical School before I apply?
- If I have a place at Oxford am I guaranteed a place at the Oxford Clinical School?
- I have a criminal conviction. Will this prevent me from studying Medicine?
- Does Medicine participate in the Organ Scholarship scheme?
- What are the academic entry requirements?
- Do you prefer A-levels or the IB?
- What subject combinations are acceptable at A-level (or equivalent)?
- Is Human Biology an acceptable alternative to Biology?
- Will taking more than 3 A-levels improve my chances?
- Is Biology at A2 not a requirement?
- Do you consider Further Maths A-level separately from Maths?
- Is Mathematical Studies at Standard Level in the IB acceptable?
- May I drop an A- or AS-level post-application?
- Will taking an Extended Project (EPQ) help my application?
- I don't have AAA at AS-level - am I eligible to apply?
- I have taken A-levels outside the usual 2-year frame - am I eligible to apply?
- I have re-sat A-levels (or equivalent) - am I eligible to apply?
- I have re-sat some AS or A2 modules - am I eligible to apply?
- Are Access or Foundation Courses acceptable for entry?
- Are there any English language requirements?
- I'm a mature applicant - am I eligible to apply?
- I'm a graduate applicant - am I eligible to apply?
- I'm an international applicant - am I eligible to apply?
Preparing an application
- How do I apply?
- Can you recommend any reading in preparation for applying?
- Which college should I apply to?
- Do I need work or volunteering experience?
- Can you provide any advice on writing the personal statement?
- Can I apply for deferred entry?
BMAT, GCSEs and short-listing
- How do you short-list for interview?
- What is the BMAT?
- What is the BMAT cut-off?
- How do I prepare for the BMAT?
- Should I attend a BMAT preparation course or pay for BMAT tutoring?
- If I submit a Results Enquiry on my BMAT marks will this delay the shortlisting process?
- What is the GCSE cut-off?
- I performed badly at GCSEs - am I eligible to apply?
- I sat my GCSEs over three years rather than two. How will this affect my application?