Graduate Entry Medicine: FAQs
- Can I apply now for a place on the course starting in September 2022?
- Will you consider my application later in the year if you have spare places?
- How many places are available?
- I can’t come to the open day: can I arrange to talk to someone privately about my application?
- Do I have to pay all the fees myself?
- Is there any financial support for students on the course?
- What do you mean by “experimental or applied science”? How do I know if my degree would be acceptable?
- Will you look at my curriculum vitae now and tell me whether I stand a reasonable chance of success if I apply later in the year?
- How can I know whether I meet the minimum standard to be guaranteed a place on the course?
- How do you balance my academic achievements with my other strengths in making decisions about selection?
- Do I need a first-class degree?
- Must I have completed my degree before I apply?
- Do I need Chemistry or other science A-levels?
- Do I need Biology at GCSE?
- Can I apply with Access to HE/Foundation qualifications rather than A-levels?
- Do I need work or volunteering experience?
- Can I apply for a place on the conventional (five-year) course as well as on the accelerated course?
- Will I be considered for the undergraduate (5-year) course if I am not offered a place on the four-year course?
- Can I apply to both Oxford and Cambridge at the same time?
- Can I apply for deferred entry?
- Will you accept applications from overseas students?
- Is there a quota for overseas students?
- I have a physical disability: what allowances will you make for me at the time of selection?
- Are there any advantages to expressing a college preference?
- If I express a college preference, will other colleges still consider my application?
- Could one of my two referees be the person who writes my UCAS reference?
- Do you provide a template/guidance for referees?
- Do I have to take the entrance test?
- I have taken the MCAT: do I still have to take the Oxford entrance test (the BMAT)?
- I applied to the course last year without success, and I now wish to apply again. Do I have to take the entrance test (BMAT) again?
- What BMAT score do I need to be sure of being offered an interview?
- How do I prepare for the entrance test? Are there past papers available?
- How do I send my BMAT score to you?
- What are the dates of the test and the interviews?
- How will I know if I am needed for interview?
- Why have you sent me an e-mail to say that I am “very likely” to be called for interview?
- Can I reclaim expenses for my travel to the interview?
- Will I be offered accommodation in Oxford for the interviews?
- How can I find out why my application was unsuccessful?