Cookies on this website
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you click 'Continue' we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies and you won't see this message again. Click 'Find out more' for information on how to change your cookie settings.
Skip to main content

Biomedical Services

If you are applying for a Personal Licence under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 you first have to attend and pass an accredited course.  

Everyone applying for a personal licence has to pass PIL A & B (EU Modules 1-8 & 20).  Some of the modules (3-8) are species specific so you'll need to complete assessments according to the species you'll be working with.  

If you'll be doing surgical procedures you'll need to pass the additional PIL C training.

Personal Licence Holders who need to amend their licence will just need to attend the relevant additional training (eg to add a species or surgical procedures)

If you're an experienced overseas researcher applying for a PIL in the UK for the first time, have a look at the Personal Licence Information page here where you'll find further information about possible training exemptions. 

A full list of all the EU/UK training Modules can be found here.


We run the the following courses:

For further information about any of our courses please contact us.