Advancing Teaching and Learning Programme
Career Development Communication Skills Research Skills Teaching Skills
Thursday, 08 October 2020 to Tuesday, 01 August 2023, 3pm - 6pm
Ready to develop your teaching skills at Oxford? The Advancing Teaching and Learning Programme leading to the award of Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, is now open to staff who meet the application criteria.
Advancing teaching and learning for hilary Term 2022
Advancing Teaching and Learning (ATL) programme applications are now open for HT22, and will close 1pm 15 December. Candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application by 6pm Monday 20 December. Further information can be found here.
ABOUT THE ADVANCED TEACHING AND LEARNING PROGRAMME
The ATL is designed for those who have sustained teaching experience (i.e. teaching more than a just a few sessions) and who wish to develop their teaching or learning support practice in higher education. It is open to DPhil students, postdoctoral and early career researchers, academics new to teaching and professional learning support staff, amongst others.
The ATL programme is externally accredited by Advance HE and integrates the requirements for Descriptor 1 of the UK Professional Standards Framework (PSF) for Teaching and Supporting Learning in Higher Education within the programme’s activities and assessment process. By passing the ATL, participants will simultaneously be judged to have fulfilled the requirements for Descriptor 1 of the PSF and can be designated as an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA).
HOW THE ATL WILL RUN
The ATL will be taught over two terms and two cohorts will be running during the academic year. Each programme will consist of six two-hour workshops. Further details, workshop dates and an application form can be accessed via Advancing Teaching and Learning (ATL) pages.
For MSD applicants for: once your application has been assessed and approved by the Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL), you will be able to attend the MSD specific online ATL programme sessions:
1.Tuesday 11 January 2022 (0th week HT) 09.00-11.00am (remote)
2. Tuesday 25 January 2022 (2nd week HT) 09:00-11:00am (remote)
3. Tuesday 8 February 2022 (4th week HT) 09:00-11:00am (remote)
4. Tuesday 22 February 2022 (6th week HT) 09:00-11:00am (remote)
5. Tuesday 29 March 2022 (11th week HT) 09:00-11:00am (remote)
6.Tuesday 7 June 2022 (7th week TT) 09:00-11:00am (remote)
At the end of the ATL programme, participants will be able to:
- Describe the values that underpin their teaching, their personal teaching aims and the methods and approaches they will use
- Design, teach or facilitate, and evaluate an inclusive teaching session, taking into account the disciplinary context and diversity of learners
- Apply relevant theories of teaching and learning to their teaching practice
- Demonstrate engagement with relevant continuing education focused professional development opportunities and identify next steps
- Provide evidence of authentication of their teaching practice
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ATL
This course is run by the Centre for Teaching and Learning. Further details and an application form can be accessed via Advancing Teaching and Learning (ATL) pages. If would like to apply for the ATL programme but cannot access the ATL webpages because you do not have single sign on (SSO), please contact email@example.com for further information.
Please note that MT21 booking closed on 6 September. HT22 applications are now open and will close 1pm 15 December.