Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all MSD Skills training courses attendees. Please note that all MSD Skills training courses are now managed in CoSY.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HAVE BEEN UPDATED AND ARE EFFECTIVE FROM MT-20 ONWARDS.
- Course costs: where a deposit of £20 is needed to secure your place on the course, the shopping basket booking process will take your payment before you can proceed to checkout to secure your booking. All deposits are refunded on confirmed full course attendance or cancellation up to 72 hours before the course is due to start. Where we have chosen not to add a deposit on a course, no cost will be shown in the shopping basket and you can proceed to checkout.
- Cancellation policy: if you need to cancel your place on the course, you need to do this no later than 72 hours before the course starts. For courses with deposits attached, late cancellations or non-attendance will mean your deposit will not be refunded. For courses without deposits attached, late cancellations or non-attendance will be logged and more than two instances may mean you will no longer be able to book on to MSD Skills training courses for the remainder of that term. Exceptions include people whose disability has been registered with the University, or people who have notified firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of booking on courses that their personal circumstances mean that they may need to cancel bookings at the last minute.
- Refreshments: please note that when classroom teaching resumes, lunch is longer provided for the majority of our all-day courses. Course descriptions in the courses calendar will advise you if you need to bring your own lunch. Tea and coffee will be provided as usual.
- Attendance: if you apply for and accept a place to attend a course or event, you are expected to attend. If the course consists of more than one class, by accepting a place you are expected to attend all classes for the full duration. It is your responsibility to check all of the information in the course description and in the automated booking and reminder emails (which will come from 'CoSy - Oxford University'). Some courses have pre-work attached to them which you will need to complete before the scheduled live session which will be sent to you as an enrolment invitation email from Canvas. It is your responsibility to check your spam filter for emails from CoSy and Canvas. You need to attend all online and classroom based courses on time and stay for the duration of each session for your attendance to be confirmed.
- Feedback survey and attendance certificate: it is now a requirement that you complete the three short questions in the feedback survey before your attendance certificate is issued. Once your attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an automated email with a link that takes you to the survey questions. Once you have completed and submitted the survey, you will be sent an email with a link to download your attendance certificate. Please note that submitting a blank survey will mean the certificate is not generated. Survey results are collected by the booking system but are downloaded and stored anonymously. We use the survey feedback to evaluate and improve our courses, and ensure that no personal data is attached to collated survey results used for evaluation. Please see the University's Data Privacy Notice for further reference.
- Waiting lists: most courses and events have a waiting list. If you are placed on a waiting list it is because the course is fully booked. If spaces become available then people on the waiting list will be booked on the course and sent instructions to pay the deposit to confirm their place, if a deposit is attached to that course. Please note that the waiting list is only for that particular instance of a course or event. You will need to reapply to be considered for future courses and events.