How to Book a Medical Sciences Division Skills Training Course
These instructions tell you how to book onto an MSD Skills training course. Please note that you need to be logged in via your SSO, and using Google Chrome.
- Please make sure you are using Google Chrome. Go the Skills training calendar or relevant 'Courses by topic' page
- Find the course you want
- Click on the course title, then click on the ‘Apply for this course’ button
- This will take you automatically to the shopping basket in CoSY. Click on ‘Next step’ (on the bottom of the page) to proceed to the checkout. [Please ignore the 'Keeping in touch' screen as this information is not passed back to us. Go straight to the 'Next step' button at the bottom of this page.]
- You will then see a notification asking you to pay your deposit, by following the link that has been emailed to you. Click on 'OK' on the notification and continue through the booking process.
- Go to your email inbox and open the email notification that you are provisionally booked on the course. To confirm your place, you will need to pay your deposit within 24 hours of receiving the email and by clicking on the link provided.
- Once you have paid the deposit, we will change your status in CoSY from ‘Provisionally Booked’ to ‘Booked’. You will then receive an email notification confirming your booking on the course. If you need to cancel, you will need to do so no later than two days prior to the course, as stated in the T&Cs.
- You will then receive email reminders containing venue details and access to any relevant pre-course reading material.
- Your attendance is confirmed by you adding your signature on the register. Your deposit will be refunded provided you have fully attended the course – see the T&Cs.
- You will receive an email with a link to our post-course evaluation survey at the end of the course. This will help us monitor and improve the quality of future courses. You have 7 days to complete the survey.
- You will receive a certificate of attendance within a week after the completion of your course. If there are further reading materials, access to these will be included in the final email.