How to Book a Medical Sciences Division Skills Training Course
These instructions tell you how to book onto an MSD Skills training course. Please note that you need to be logged in via your SSO. Our MT22 Skills training courses will be namely running online, details of which will appear in the calendar when they are open for booking. The list of available courses in the calendar is updated regularly.
BOOKING PROCESS IN COSY:
- Go the Skills training calendar or relevant 'Courses by topic' page
- Find the course you want
- Click on the course title, then click on the ‘Apply for this course’ button
- This will take you automatically to the shopping basket in CoSY. Click on ‘Next step’ (on the bottom of the page) to proceed to the checkout. [Please ignore the 'Keeping in touch' screen as this information is not passed back to us. Go straight to the 'Next step' button at the bottom of this page.]
- Click on this link (If you are not logged in you will need your Oxford Single Sign-on) which will take you to your personal CoSy Dashboard.
- You will be directed to the payments page where you can view your outstanding orders.
- To check your order, click on the action button at the right-hand side of the line to display a summary of the order.
- Click View Your Order. If this is correct you can make your payment (if applicable).
- Close “Your Order Viewer”, click on the action button at the right-hand side of the line and click the "Make Payment" option. This will take you to the payment site where you will be able to make your card payment.
- You will receive notification from CoSY very soon after booking. Please check your junk folder if you do not receive your booking confirmation. The emails contain important information so please make sure you read and retain them.
- For courses with pre-work, once you have booked on the course, you will receive an enrolment invitation link to access the pre-work in Canvas. This is generally included in the booking confirmation email as a self-enrolment link.
- The link for the live interactive online sessions and joining instructions are sent out with the booking confirmation and reminder emails.
- If you need to cancel your place, please do so via CoSY no later than 72 hours before the course is due to start, as stated in the T&Cs.
AFTER THE COURSE:
- For online courses, your attendance is confirmed based on joining the session(s) on time and staying for the duration (unless otherwise agreed with the tutor in advance). For classroom-based courses, your attendance is confirmed by you adding your name and signature to the register. Your deposit will be refunded (if applicable) provided you have fully attended the course – see the T&Cs.
- Once your attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with a link to our post-course evaluation survey at the end of the course. This will help us monitor and improve the quality of future courses. You will not receive your attendance certificate until the survey has been completed and submitted.
- You will receive a link to download your certificate of attendance once you have completed the survey. If there are further reading materials, these will be made available via My Resources in CoSy.