How to Book a Medical Sciences Division Skills Training Course
These instructions tell you how to book onto an MSD Skills training course. Please note that you need to be logged in via your SSO. Due to continued restriction, our MT21 Skills training courses will be running online, details of which will appear in the calendar when they are open for booking. The list of available courses in the calendar is updated regularly.
COVID-19 MT21 ONLINE BOOKING AND COURSE PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES:
What you need to know in advance of booking:
- All MSD Skills-run courses advertised are online versions this term due to social distancing requirements restricting room availability. Each course description describes how the online sessions will run. Please make sure you have read all the information on the course page before booking a place.
- We may have to reintroduce the £20 refundable deposit on some courses this term. This will be made clear in the course description. When you book on a course, you can complete the booking process and payment in one step.
- Please be aware that our cancellation policy means you need to cancel no later than 72 hours before the start of the course regardless of whether a deposit is needed. Late cancellations will mean the deposit is not refunded, and for courses without deposits, two or more instances of late cancellation and/or non-attendance in one term may result in you being barred from attending any other courses in the term.
- We understand some people will have to cancel at short notice due to difficult personal circumstances. If this applies to you, please make sure you let us know via email@example.com before you book onto courses so we can make a note.
BOOKING PROCESS IN COSY:
- Go the Skills training calendar or relevant 'Courses by topic' page
- Find the course you want
- Click on the course title, then click on the ‘Apply for this course’ button
- This will take you automatically to the shopping basket in CoSY. Click on ‘Next step’ (on the bottom of the page) to proceed to the checkout. [Please ignore the 'Keeping in touch' screen as this information is not passed back to us. Go straight to the 'Next step' button at the bottom of this page.]
- If a deposit is required for the course, you will be prompted to pay your deposit within the booking system before you can proceed to the checkout. Once you have made the payment (or for courses without a deposit attached) Click on 'OK' on the notification and continue through the booking process. The payment system accepts Mastercard, Visa, and Maestro. It does not take American Express.
- If you are on the waiting list for a course with a deposit attached and a place becomes available, we will email you to ask if you wish to accept the place. You need to reply within 24 hours, or the play may be offered to someone else. If you confirm you do wish to attend the course, we will send you the payment request. To book your place, you will need to pay your deposit within 24 hours of receiving the email and by following the instructions below (demonstrated in the video you can view on this link):
- Click on this link (If you are not logged in you will need your Oxford Single Sign-on) which will take you to your personal CoSy Dashboard.
- Click on the Payments tile. You will be directed to the payments page where you can view your outstanding orders.
- To check your order, click on the action button at the right-hand side of the line to display a summary of the order.
- Click View Your Order. If this is correct you can make your payment.
- Close “Your Order Viewer”, click on the action button at the right-hand side of the line and click the "Make Payment" option. This will take you to the payment site where you will be able to make your card payment.
- You will receive notification from CoSY very soon after booking. Please check your junk folder if you do not receive your booking confirmation. The emails contain important information so please make sure you read and retain them.
- For courses with pre-work, once you have booked on the course, you will receive an enrolment invitation link to access the pre-work in Canvas. This is generally included in the booking confirmation email as a self-enrolment link.
- The link for the live interactive online sessions and joining instructions are sent out with the booking confirmation and reminder emails.
- If you need to cancel your place, please do so via CoSY no later than 72 hours before the course is due to start, as stated in the T&Cs.
AFTER THE COURSE:
- For online courses, your attendance is confirmed based on joining the session(s) on time and staying for the duration (unless otherwise agreed with the tutor in advance). For classroom-based courses, your attendance is confirmed by you adding your name and signature to the register. Your deposit will be refunded provided you have fully attended the course – see the T&Cs.
- Once your attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with a link to our post-course evaluation survey at the end of the course. This will help us monitor and improve the quality of future courses. You will not receive your attendance certificate until the survey has been completed and submitted.
- You will receive a link to download your certificate of attendance once you have completed the survey. If there are further reading materials, these will be made available via My Resources in CoSy.