BRC Consultant in Paediatrics and Vaccinology.
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer
Vaccines and vaccine preventable disease in childhood
I am a BRC funded consultant in paediatrics and vaccinology. I undertook clinical training in paediatrics in Oxford, Reading, Melbourne, Vancouver and Yorkshire. I completed a PhD in 2008 within the Oxford Vaccine Group and began my current post in 2009. I divide my time between working in general paediatrics and paediatric infectious disease/immunology at the Children’s Hospital in Oxford and vaccine related research within the Oxford Vaccine Group. Research interests are centred around vaccines and vaccine preventable disease in childhood and include the immunology of B-cell responses to vaccines in childhood, B-cell receptor genetics as a tool for understanding immune responses, pneumococcal conjugate vaccines and the epidemiology of invasive bacterial disease and pneumonia in Nepal.
- Bioinformatics, Statistics and Computational Biology
- Genes, Genetics, Epigenetics and Genomics
- Microbiology, Infection and Tropical Medicine
- Population, Global, and Public Health
- Primary Care, Clinical Epidemiology, and Health Care Delivery
- Translational Medicine and Medical Technology