The Medical Sciences Teaching Excellence Awards scheme invites applications / nominations in the following categories:
- Project Awards (funded) - provide funding for proposals to support the development of education.
- Major Educator Awards (funded) - Awarded to individuals who make an outstanding contribution to the development of education and/or leadership in education and/or other educational initiatives, within the Medical Sciences Division or at institutional level
- Excellent Teacher Awards (unfunded) - Awarded to individuals who provide excellent teaching
- Early Career Excellent Teacher Awards (unfunded) - Awarded to individuals who provide excellent teaching and who are within the first five years of their career as a University/NHS teacher (i.e. have no prior or otherwise demonstrable experience as a teacher in other sectors/from other institutions)
- Excellent Supervisor Awards (unfunded) - These awards recognise individuals who make a major contribution to the wellbeing and academic progress of students whom they are supervising on research projects.
- Learning Support Awards (funded) - Awarded to non-teaching staff who have made a contribution to supporting teaching and learning activities significantly beyond that which would normally be expected in their role.
- Lifetime Achievement Awards (unfunded) - Awarded to individuals of the Collegiate University and/or NHS who have demonstrated high quality and sustained commitment to education throughout their career in the service of Oxford (normally a minimum of 15 years or equivalent).
The Selection Panel reserves the right to redistribute nominations to different categories.