Secure Translational Funding
The Translational Research Office (TRO) manage a number of devolved funding streams targeting early stage proof-of-concept projects and have extensive knowledge of the UK translational funding landscape. We can help source the most appropriate funding scheme for projects and ensure that the most compelling cases for support are generated. Securing funding enables projects to progress along the translational path, de-risking future investment.
The TRO administrate translational proof-of-concept funding through the Medical and Life Sciences Translation Fund (MLSTF). The fund is open to all University of Oxford researchers and provides consolidated internal proof of concept funding for translational medical and life sciences projects.The next call will open in 2021
The TRO also identify the most appropriate external grant funding source for a project. A few of the translational research funding schemes available to researchers are:
- British Heart Foundation Translational Award ( May 2021 round: deadline for preliminary application: 8 Mars 2021).
- MRC Developmental Pathway Funding Scheme (next deadline for outline submission: 24 Mars 2021).
- Wellcome Innovator Award (May 2021 round: full application deadline is 24 May 2021, 17:00 GMT).
- NIHR Invention for Innovation: (Product Development Awards deadline for submission: 9 December 2020).
- The Psychiatry Consortium call for proposals: (Deadline 8 Mars 2020).
- Sir Jules Thorn Charitable Trust – Translational Biomedical Research Award (Deadline for EOI: 12 January 2021).
- Alderley Edge Oncology Development Programme (Deadline 15 January 2021).
The TRO supports developing robust project plans and compelling applications for funding. Our Translational Research Managers can support grant writing activities, provide project management support and advise on long-term translational research strategies.
The TRO works closely with Oxford University Innovation (OUI), the Medical Sciences Business Partnerships Office and University of Oxford's Research Services to ensure appropriate expertise and advice is sought at key stages in project development.