Skip to main content
- Two letters of reference from two academic referees, that is professors or lecturers at your home university who are familiar with your academic performance and abilities. The references must be written on headed University/Medical School letterhead. Your referees may prefer to put your references in sealed envelopes marked 'Confidential' but the references don't have to be sent in sealed envelopes.
- A photocopy of your transcript listing the work/examination marks you have received to date. If necessary please provide a translation in English (please do not send the top copy of your transcript).
- The names of the subjects you would like to study at Oxford. It is advisable to list three choices on your application form as your first or second choice may not be available.
- A certificate, if you are not a native English speaker, of your ability to communicate adequately in English (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge FCE, Proficiency or Advanced certificates, a university certificate).
- Four passport size photographs. Please write your name on the back of each photo. One of the photographs must be signed on the back by the Dean of your Medical School or one of your referees verifying your photograph is a true likeness of yourself. Please put the photographs in a small envelope with your name on the front of the envelope so that they do not become separated from your application.
- Your curriculum vitae (C.V.). There is no standard template for the C.V. but you should refer to name/ d.o.b (date of birth) / contact details/ education, prizes /publications/ conferences attended (if appropriate), clubs/ societies you belong to, etc.
- Your email address.
Completed application form downloaded from the web in pdf format. The purpose of this form is to ensure that all applications are comparable. Application forms must be typed not hand-written.
- A photocopy of your application form, CV, and transcript. These should be stapled together.