Confirmation of status ONLINE
Wednesday, 08 February 2023, 10am to 11.30amApply for this course
This 1.5 hour workshops is aimed at MSD DPhil research students and will provide clear guidance and advice as how to successfully prepare and complete the process of Confirmation of Status.
The workshops will be a live session on Teams to address all the points highlighted below and allow MSD DPhil students to
- examine a presentation from a recent successful Confirmation,
- ask relevant questions from the tutor regarding their experiences as a Confirmation assessor, and
- seek the perspective from a DPhil student who has recently Confirmed their Status.
At the end of the workshop, DPhil students will:
- Know the administrative process prior to the Confirmation of Status;
- Be aware of the MSD’s regulations in selecting the Confirmation assessors and the required criteria;
- Be able to assemble a detailed presentation to highlight their research hypotheses, methodologies employed, data acquired, justification of appropriate statistics used, future research studies for the remaining of their DPhil;
- Be aware of what will be expected of them prior to submission of their theses.
HOW IT WILL WORK
For the interactive session, you will be sent the link in the automated communication along with joining instructions. To join the session, you can click on the link 15 minutes before the session. Once the tutor has started the session they will tell you what to do.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
A good internet connection, uninterrupted time, camera and microphone enabled on PC.
ATTENDANCE CERTIFICATE ON SURVEY COMPLETION
It is now a requirement that you complete the three short questions in the survey you receive after attending the course. Once you have submitted the survey, you will be sent an email with a link to your attendance certificate. This is to ensure we receive the feedback we need to evaluate and improve our courses. Survey results are downloaded and stored anonymously.
Where no cost is given in the shopping trolley, no deposit is required. However, two or more non-attendances or late cancellations without good reason will be logged and may mean you cannot attend any further MSD training that term. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for further information.