Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR), in person
Monday, 06 February 2023 to Thursday, 09 February 2023, 9.30am - 5pmApply for this course
This interactive course for MSD postgraduate research staff and students consists of lectures and practical sessions. A knowledge of some basic NMR concepts is assumed.
Participants are expected to attend as many of the sessions as possible.
The introductory material covered on 6 & 7 February of the course are essential to understanding the more advanced topics later in the course.
- Monday 6 February, 9:30 - 17:00
- Tuesday 7 February, 9:30 - 17:00
- Wednesday 8 February, 9:30 - 17:00
- Thursday 9 February, 9:30 - 17:00
The course will focus on the application of solution-state NMR to the study of different types of biomolecules. The emphasis is on solution-state NMR studies of proteins. In addition, more advanced topics including residual dipolar couplings, dynamics and protein-ligand interations will be introduced.
- To gain an understanding of the types of useful information that can be obtained from nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy data of biomolecules including proteins and nucleic acids.
- To gain a basic understanding of the principles of 1D and multidimensional NMR spectroscopy.
- To gain an understanding of how NMR data are collected and how NMR spectra are analysed in order to extract information about structure, dynamics and interactions of biomolecules.
- To gain an understanding of the limitations of NMR spectroscopy and the types of systems that are likely to be suitable for NMR.
Topics to be covered include:
- Introduction to Biomolecular NMR
- How to Assign Protein NMR Spectra
- Extracting Structural Information from NMR Data
- Protein Structure Determination
- Protein Dynamics
- NMR of Intrinsically Disordered Proteins
- NMR of Membrane Proteins
- Protein-Ligand Interactions by NMR
- Protein Folding Studied by NMR
HOW IT WILL WORK
More information will be provided closer to the time to registered participants. For further information contact email@example.com.
ATTENDANCE CERTIFICATE ON SURVEY COMPLETION
It is now a requirement that you complete the three short questions in the survey you receive after attending the course. Once you have submitted the survey, you will be sent an email with a link to your attendance certificate. This is to ensure we receive the feedback we need to evaluate and improve our courses. Survey results are downloaded and stored anonymously.
Where there is no cost in the shopping trolley, no deposit is required. However, two or more non-attendances or late cancellations without good reason will be logged and may mean you cannot attend any further MSD training that term. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for further information.