How and why to undertake a systematic review ONLINE
Monday, 15 February 2021, 2pm to 3.30pm
***This course is fully booked*** This online course is for MSD researchers and covers the principles of performing a systematic review and meta-analysis.
This online interactive session for MSD DPhil students and early career researchers outlines the key principles of how to perform a systematic review and the basic principles of meta-analysis. It will provide a basic introduction to systematic reviews and meta-analysis.
The course will cover the following:
- What is a systematic review and why do we need them?
- Overview of the process of conducting a systematic review
- Understanding the basic principles of how to develop a systematic review protocol
- What is a meta-analysis?
- Understanding the basic principles of how the results are displayed and interpreted.
Please note: this online version of the course is scaled down so it might not be possible to cover all topics listed.
- Find out what a systematic review is and why they are needed
- Learn about the process of conducting a systematic review
- Understand the basic principles of how to develop a systematic review protocol
- Learn about meta-analysis
- Understand the basic principles of how results are displayed and interpreted
HOW IT WILL WORK
Booking confirmation and reminder emails will send you the link for the live interactive sessions (held in Teams) and joining instructions. To join the session, you can click on the link 15 minutes before the session. Once the tutor has started the session they will tell you what to do. The tutor will share his screen with the slides.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
A good internet connection, uninterrupted time, camera and microphone enabled on your PC.
ATTENDANCE CERTIFICATE ON SURVEY COMPLETION
It is now a requirement that you complete the three short questions in the survey you receive after attending the course. Once you have submitted the survey, you will be sent an email with a link to your attendance certificate. This is to ensure we receive the feedback we need to evaluate and improve our courses. Survey results are downloaded and stored anonymously.
Where no cost is indicated in the shopping trolley, no deposit is required. However, two or more non-attendances or late cancellations without good reason will be logged and may mean you cannot attend any further MSD training that term. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for further information.