Developing your grant writing skills IN PERSON
Tuesday, 31 October 2023 to Wednesday, 08 November 2023, 10am - 4pmApply for this course
This two-day in-person workshop will help you to understand how to: plan, develop, and structure your research proposal; turn your ideas into a well-written, strong and convincing proposal, and follow the Oxford grant submission process. It will be targeted at MSD researchers, especially early and mid-career researchers, who would like to develop their grant writing skills and who are planning to submit a grant or fellowship application. Please come prepared to discuss your project/fellowship ideas. Ideally, this should be on possible future work but if you are not quite at this stage, it could be on current work.
Note that you will be required to attend both dates of the workshop:
- Tuesday, 31 October, 10.00 - 16.00
- Wednesday, 8 November, 10.00 - 16.00
The course will combine talks with participant activities and exercises. It will be delivered by 5 staff from across MSD who have experience with writing, applying for and securing grants and fellowships, funders, researchers’ careers, and the Oxford grant application system.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Develop a research idea which is at an appropriate level of independence and interdependence for your career stage
- Construct a clear message for your grant
- Identify a good match between your objective and an appropriate funding opportunity
- Construct an effective grant application
- Navigate the Oxford grant application processes