Churchill Hospital, Oxford, OX3 7LE
I am an Associate Professor and Consultant Urological Surgeon in Oxford. My research is primarily focused on improving the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of kidney stones.
I was an undergraduate at the University of Cambridge and have undertaken both a Masters and DPhil in Oxford as part of my surgical training. I was an NIHR Academic clinical lecturer in Oxford prior to appointment as consultant in 2014.
MA (Cantab), MB BChir (Cantab), MSc (Oxon), DPhil (Oxon), FRCS (Urol), PGDipLATHE
- Consultant Urological Surgeon, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
I am an Associate Professor at the Nuffield Department of Surgical Sciences, University of Oxford. Since 2007, I have led the Oxford Stone Group which has examined many aspects of stone disease and its management. I have lead collaborations with multiple departments in Oxford University.
I have a clinical interest in endourology: particularly the treatment and prevention of kidney stones and benign prostate enlargement (BPE). I am an elected member of the British Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS) Section of Endourology Committee. I am managing partner of Oxford Urology Associates.
Current interests include:
- Design and evaluation of new endourological surgical technology.
- Evaluation of shock wave lithotripsy outcomes and patient experiences.
- Metabolic profiling of patients with kidney stones.
- Epidemiology and genetics of kidney stone disease.