Oxford Medical Alumni Advisory Board
Oxford Medical Alumni Advisory Board (OMAAB) comprises elected members of Oxford Medical Alumni, ex-officio members of the Medical Sciences Division at the University of Oxford, and representatives of the student body. OMAAB meets termly to provide support and guidance on the alumni strategy with a goal of increasing and enhancing engagement amongst its global community. Become involved.
President - Professor John Morris
Emeritus Professor of Human Anatomy, Former Director of Pre-Clinical Studies Oxford University and instrumental in running the first on-line examinations in Principles of Clinical Anatomy for the University. His research has always involved structural studies on neuroendocrinology and started at the University of Bristol with studies on the magnocellular neurosecretory system. In Oxford, his lab was the first to demonstrate that the vasopressin and oxytocin genes can undergo somatic crossovers leading to the production of hybrid peptides which accumulate in the rough endoplasmic reticulum, and also to provide an unequivocal demonstration of dendritic secretion of neuropeptides. Emeritus Fellow of St Hugh's College.
Honorary Treasurer - Dr Roger Bodley
Clinical Senior Lecturer, University of Tasmania, Formerly Consultant radiologist senior radiologist at Stoke Mandeville Hospital.
- Professor Sir John Bell - Regius Professor of Medicine, Oxford University. Student of Christ Church College.
- Mr Martin Burton - Director of the United Kingdom Cochrane Centre, Consultant Otolaryngologist, Professor of Otolaryngology at the University of Oxford and Lecturer in Clinical Medicine at Balliol College.
- Dr Christopher Conlon - Consultant Physician in Infectious Diseases, Nuffield Department of Medicine, Oxford University Hospitals Trust. Fellow and Tutor in Clinical Medicine, Oriel College, Oxford
- Dr Derek Hockaday - Consultant Physician, Oxford Centre for Diabetes Endocrinology and metabolism, Churchill Hospital, Oxford
- Professor Derek Jewell - Emeritus Professor of Gastroenterology, Nuffield Department of Medicine, University of Oxford, Consultant Physician, Oxford University Hospitals Trust.
- Dr David McCartney - Director of Graduate Entry Medicine, University of Oxford
- Professor Gavin Screaton - Head of Medical Sciences Division, University of Oxford
- Dr Eric Sidebottom - Experimental Pathology, Sir William Dunn School of Pathology
- Dr Catherine Swales - Director of Clinical Studies, University of Oxford Medical School
- Professor John Reid - Former Regius Professor of Medicine and Therapeutics, and previously Regius Professor of Materia Medica, at the University of Glasgow
- Professor John Stein - Appointed Fellow and Tutor in Medicine at Magdalen College in 1970. Now Emeritus Professor of Physiology
- Dr Jeremy Taylor - Director of Pre-Clinical Studies, University of Oxford. Fellow of Pembroke College
- Dr Laura Watts - Academic Clinical Fellow Core Medical Training/Rheumatology, Oxford Deanery.
- Dr Lyn Williamson - Rheumatologist at the Great Western Hospital in Swindon.
- Professor Christopher Winearls - Associate Professor of Medicine, Oxford University and a half-time consultant Nephrologist, Oxford Kidney Unit.
- Student representative - Mr Alex Mafi, President of Osler House.