Oxford Medical Alumni Advisory Board
Oxford Medical Alumni Advisory Board (OMAAB) comprises elected members of Oxford Medical Alumni, ex-officio members of the Medical Sciences Division at the University of Oxford, and representatives of the student body. OMAAB meets termly to provide support and guidance on the alumni strategy with a goal of increasing and enhancing engagement amongst its global community. Become involved by emailing us.
President - Dr Lyn Williamson MA (Oxon), DCh, MRCGP, FRCP.
My role as OMA president:
- to promote good fellowship amongst OMA members
- to create an engaged and informed community of alumni in order keep them in contact with one another and help each other.
- develop, foster and maintain association between the Medical Sciences Division, Oxford Medical School, Osler House Club.
Honorary Consultant Rheumatologist and Strategic Educational Supervisor for the Acute Medical Unit in Swindon. Graduated Oxford in 1980. General Practitioner in the Oxford Region for 10 years before specialising in rheumatology at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre Oxford. Consultant Rheumatologist at Great Western Hospital Swindon since 1999, with special interests including psoriatic arthritis, acupuncture and paediatric rheumatology. Education roles included Deputy Director of Clinical Studies, Oxford Medical School (2000-4), Hon Senior Lecturer Bristol Medical School, and Training Programme Director (Rheumatology) Oxford Region. Interests outside medicine include classical music and cycling. In 2019 she led a team to create a unique cycle training park in Faringdon.
Honorary Treasurer - Dr Roger Bodley - Clinical Senior Lecturer, University of Tasmania, Formerly Consultant radiologist senior radiologist at Stoke Mandeville Hospital.
- Professor John Morris - Past OMA President, Emeritus Professor of Human Anatomy and Former Director of Pre-Clinical Studies Oxford University
- Professor Sir John Bell - Regius Professor of Medicine, Oxford University. Student of Christ Church College.
- Professor Gavin Screaton - Head of Medical Sciences Division, University of Oxford
- Dr David McCartney - Director of Graduate Entry Medicine, University of Oxford
- Dr Catherine Swales - Director of Clinical Studies, University of Oxford Medical School
- Dr Jeremy Taylor - Director of Pre-Clinical Studies, University of Oxford. Fellow of Pembroke College
- Ms Christine Fairchild - Director of Alumni Relations, University of Oxford. Christine was appointed Oxford University’s Director of Alumni Relations in March 2011. In addition to overseeing the work of the Alumni Office team, she also assists the Oxford Medical Alumni in shaping strategy and supporting alumni engagement. Learn more about Ms Christine Fairchild here.
- Ms Nicki Choules-Rowe - Alumni Relations Manager of OMA. Nicki is responsible for fostering a positive mutual relationship between the University and its global community of medical alumni.
- Dr Eric Sidebottom - Experimental Pathology, Sir William Dunn School of Pathology
- Professor John Stein - Appointed Fellow and Tutor in Medicine at Magdalen College in 1970. Now Emeritus Professor of Physiology. After pre-clinical studies at New College, John trained as a clinical neurologist at St Thomas’s Hospital, London, Leicester and Oxford. Now Emeritus, he still teaches neuroscience and lectures frequently to schools and societies on why neuroscience is so interesting.
- Professor Denise Lievesley - Principal of Green Templeton College since 2015.
- Dr Laura Watts - Academic Clinical Fellow Core Medical Training/Rheumatology, Oxford Deanery.
- Dr Kevin Windebank - former Course Director for Child Health at Newcastle University. Read more about Kevin here.
- Dr William Seligman - Specialist Registrar in Anaesthetics and Intensive Care Medicine at Royal Free London NHS Trust. After qualifying from Oxford in 2014, William's clinical interest lies in the resuscitation of critically unwell patients. Read more about William here.
Dr Shing (Tom) Law - Governor of Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Clinical Research Fellow in Rheumatology at University of Oxford.
- Dr Zoi Alexopoulou - Clinical Research Fellow, University of Oxford. Zoi graduated from the University of Oxford for both her medical degree and her DPhil in Clinical Neurosciences. She is interested in neurodegeneration and has run clinical trials in Alzheimer’s disease. She has a keen interest in medical education and is teaching medical sciences at Oxford.
- Student representative - Dervla Carroll , President of Osler House.