Links & tables
- Links should be meaningful out of context and make sense without reading surrounding text.
- Do not use link text such as ‘Click here’, ‘Read more’ or ‘Find out more’
- Links should be embedded within text, not typed in full. For example, ‘To find out more, visit https://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/accessibility’ should be ‘To find out more, read our Accessibility Statement’.
- External links should always open in the same window. Further guidance is available here.
- Don’t use tables for layout, e.g. to layout images.
- Use row and column headers when using tables to display tabular data.
Videos & Guides
How to change link text.
Guide showing you how to change link text (same content as video).