The Oxford Medical Alumni Advisory Board (OMAAB) comprises elected members of Oxford Medical Alumni, ex-officio members of the Medical Sciences Division at the University of Oxford, and representatives of the student body. OMAAB meets termly to provide support and guidance on the alumni strategy with a goal of increasing and enhancing engagement amongst its global community. Become involved by emailing us.
President - Dr Lyn Williamson MA (Oxon), DCh, MRCGP, FRCP.
My role as OMA president:
- to promote good fellowship amongst OMA members
- to create an engaged and informed community of alumni in order to keep them in contact with one another and help each other.
- to develop, foster and maintain an association between the Medical Sciences Division, Oxford Medical School and Osler House Club.
Brief Biography - Honorary Consultant Rheumatologist and Strategic Educational Supervisor for the Acute Medical Unit in Swindon. Graduated from Oxford in 1980. General Practitioner in the Oxford Region for 10 years before specialising in rheumatology at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford. Since 1999, Consultant Rheumatologist at Great Western Hospital Swindon, with special interests including psoriatic arthritis, acupuncture and paediatric rheumatology. Education roles included Deputy Director of Clinical Studies, Oxford Medical School (2000 - 2004), Honorary Senior Lecturer Bristol Medical School, and Training Programme Director (Rheumatology) Oxford Region.
Dr Roger Bodley, Honorary Treasurer - Clinical Senior Lecturer, University of Tasmania, Formerly Consultant Senior Radiologist at Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Buckinghamshire.
Board Members (as of November 2021):
- Dr Zoi Alexopoulou - Lecturer in Medical Sciences at St Anne's College, Oxford, doctor in neurology and neuroscientist.
- Professor Sir John Bell - Regius Professor of Medicine, University of Oxford.
- Sir Michael Dixon - Principal of Green Templeton College, Oxford.
- Ms Christine Fairchild - Director of Alumni Relations, University of Oxford, and Hugh Price Fellow, Jesus College, Oxford.
- Dr Shing (Tom) Law - Governor of Oxford University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Clinical Research Fellow in Rheumatology, University of Oxford.
- Dr Laurence Leaver - Governing Body Fellow and Senior Doll Fellow, Green Templeton College, Oxford, and member of Leaver & Partners Surgery in Jericho, Oxford.
- Dr Tim Littlewood - Associate Director of Clinical Studies and Lecturer in Medicine, Christ Church, Oxford.
- Dr David McCartney - Director of Graduate Entry Medicine, University of Oxford.
- Professor John Morris - Former OMA President, Emeritus Professor of Human Anatomy and Former Director of Pre-Clinical Studies, University of Oxford.
- Ms Bella Pratt - Oxford Medical Sciences Alumni Relations Manager.
- Professor Gavin Screaton - Head of Medical Sciences Division, University of Oxford.
- Dr William Seligman - Specialist Registrar in Anaesthetics and Intensive Care Medicine, Royal Free London NHS Trust.
- Dr Eric Sidebottom - Regius Professor of Medicine, University of Oxford.
- Professor John Stein - Emeritus Professor of Physiology, University of Oxford.
- Dr Catherine Swales - Director of Clinical Studies, University of Oxford Medical School.
- Dr Robert Wilkins - Director of Pre-Clinical Studies and Associate Professor of Epithelial Physiology, University of Oxford.
- Dr Kevin Windebank - Former Course Director for Child Health at the University of Newcastle.
- Student representative - Ms Carolina Valensise, President of Osler House.