Nuffield Oxford Hospitals Fund
NOHF is a registered charity and was originally funded by Lord Nuffield in 1937.
The objective of the charity is:
“the raising of the standard of the Hospital or Hospitals concerned in order to assist the development and carrying on of the Oxford University Medical School”.
Applicants should note that research projects are not normally funded (other than through Oxfordshire Health Services Research Committee - OHSRC).
The annual funds available are approximately £300,000 and bids are considered and grants awarded by the Trustees in May/June of each year. Recently grants have been awarded in the £10,000 to £40,000 range. The Trustees do not allocate grants for less than £5,000.
In recent years, examples of grants awarded were for:
- Educational textbooks/online journals
- 3D printer (anatomical models)
- Interactive whiteboard for teaching
- Upgrading AV capabilities for training
- Cameras/AV linkage for operating microscopes for teaching
- Refurbishment of Oxford Clinical School Museum
- Medical simulators
- Seminar room refurbishment
- IT and training facilities to support medical education
- Equipment for student training
- Annual budget to the Oxfordshire Health Services Research Committee (OHSRC)
Bids are required to be submitted to Maria Kendall-Belcher in the Medical Sciences Divisional Office, Level 3, John Radcliffe Hospital at the latest by the 31st January using the NOHF application form.