Electron Cryo Microscopy in Structural Biology (5 day course)
Monday, 05 November 2018 to Friday, 09 November 2018, 10am - 4pm
After this course, you will be able to
- critically read scientific papers where cryo-EM has been applied
- prepare samples for EM imaging
- make informed decisions concerning the use of electron microscopes
- get started in practice with your own cryo-EM experiments
A series of lectures over five days, followed by four practical sessions.
Please see the course programme.
1. The microscope and preparation of cryo and negative staining samples
2. Image formation and image processing
3. Reconstructing 3D density maps from 2D images
4. Fitting and building atomic models
5. Understanding cryo-EM literature
Maximum for lectures is 30.
Maximum places on the practical sessions is 16.
All interested research students and postdoctoral researchers are welcome and need to apply. Please indicate in your application if you would like to attend practical sessions as well as the lectures.