Jeffrey K Aronson
MA DPhil FRCP HonFBPhS HonFFPM
Consultant Physician and Clinical Pharmacologist
- Methods of classifying, detecting, and reporting adverse drug reactions, including systematic reviews, meta-analyses, and the use of anecdotal reports
- Innovation in drug therapy
- Monitoring therapy in chronic disease
- Systematic reviews of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacokinetic–pharmacodynamic modelling
- The role of mechanisms in the philosophy of evidence-based medicine
- Linguistic aspects of medicine and pharmacology
Teaching and training
- Teaching medical students the fundamentals of therapeutics.
- Ad hoc two-week special study modules in clinical pharmacology and therapeutics for medical students.
- Co-author of didactic textbooks (e.g. “The Oxford Handbook of Practical Drug Therapy”) and contributor of chapters to others.
- Editor, Meyler’s Side Effects of Drugs: The International Encyclopedia of Adverse Drug Reactions and Interactions (16th edition, 2015) and of its annual updates, Side Effects of Drugs Annuals 1-35
- Co-editor (with John Talbot), Stephens’ Detection and Evaluation of Adverse Drug Reactions: Principles and Practice. 6th edition
- President Emeritus, Honorary Fellow, and past Vice-President Publications, British Pharmacological Society.
- Previous Member of the Advisory Board of the British National Formulary.
- Chairman of the British Pharmacopoeia Commission’s Expert Advisory Group on Nomenclature
- Member, WHO’s Expert Advisory Panel on International Pharmacopoeia and Pharmaceutical Preparations