|Tel||+44 (0)1865 221121|
- Cardiac Surgery Trials Group Research Group
Aortic valve replacement
Aortic valve replacement is the second most common type of heart surgery performed in the UK. Professor Taggart describes what the surgery involves.
Professor of Cardiovascular Surgery
- All aspects of cardiovascular surgery
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)
- Off-pump CABG
- Arterial revascularisation.
- Clinical trials, particularly related to CABG. This includes use of arteries, CABG without the bypass machine and a new stent for vein grafts.
I have recently been appointed by the Royal College of Surgeons of England as the lead for cardiothoracic research in the UK. In 2010 I was elected President of the Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery in Great Britain. Most recently I have been part of the collaborative effort that has brought about the ESC/EACTS joint guidelines on Myocardial Revascularisation.