How to apply
Questions about development of projects for submission to the MLSTF should be directed to the Translational Research Office (email@example.com). Applicants are also encouraged to discuss their proposal with Oxford University Innovation well in advance of submission. OUI will be able to advise and support on the industry engagement and IP aspects of bids.
Please submit your application via the Internal Research Award Management System (IRAMS). IRAMS Guidance in the form of quick reference guide documents for applicants, departmental approvers and administrators can be found on Research Support pages.
Please note that applications must be reviewed and approved in IRAMS by a Departmental Approver before they will be reviewed by the Committee; the advertised application deadline is the deadline for final submission to the MLSTF Committee. Departments may set an earlier internal deadline to allow for departmental review, so please check with your local admin team and submit your application to your Departmental Approver in advance of the advertised deadline.
The online application form in IRAMS requests information about the principal applicant and any co-applicants or editors, a lay summary, a financial breakdown of your proposal (X5 report must be appended) and a case for support uploaded to the IRAMS application system. You must incorporate all requested components of the case for support into one document and upload this in the template provided on IRAMS as a PDF.
A case for support (four pages max.) and CVs (one page max. each PI & CoI) for all applicants named in the application must be appended to the IRAMS application form.
The case for support must include:
- A 250-word abstract of the proposal requesting MLSTF funding;
- Project objectives and proposed outcomes, including information about proposed development milestones and potential next steps following completion of the project to include, for example, sources of follow-on funding, plans for commercialisation;
- A timeline for your project, aligning with milestones to demonstrate that these are realistic both in terms of the objectives set and the time necessary to achieve them; identification of ‘critical path’;
- A justification for support explaining how your proposal is aligned with the remit and objectives of the Fund;
- Details of any development of industrial engagement in your project and plans to advance this;
- IP status: Are third parties involved and how will IP be managed with respect to these collaborators?
- A description of any matched funding secured.
The deadline for submission of applications through IRAMS is 5pm on Monday 15 June 2020.