How to apply
Awards will be made following a two-stage process. Expressions of interest are invited, and those recommended by the Committee will be invited to submit full applications in a second stage.
All applicants must discuss their proposal with Oxford University Innovation well in advance of submission, who will be able to advise and support on the industry engagement and IP aspects of bids.
Please submit your expression of interest online via the Internal Research Award Management System (IRAMS). IRAMS Guidance in the form of quick reference guide documents for applicants, departmental approvers and administrators can be found on Research Support pages.
Note that some departments may set an earlier internal deadline so please check with your local admin team and prepare your application in advance of the date advertised above. Applications must be reviewed online by departmental approvers and, where approved, submitted to the Committee for review before the deadline.
Online application via IRAMS requests information about the principal applicant and any co-applicants or editors, a lay summary, a financial breakdown of your proposal and a case for support uploaded to the IRAMS application system. You must incorporate all requested components of the case for support into one document and upload this in the template provided on IRAMS as a PDF.
A maximum two page Expression of Interest case for support should be appended to the online application form and must include;
- A 250-word abstract of the proposal requesting MLSTF funding;
- Project objectives and proposed outcomes, including information about proposed development milestones and potential next steps following completion of the project to include, for example, sources of follow on funding, plans for commercialisation;
- A timeline for your project, aligning with milestones to demonstrate that these are realistic both in terms of the objectives set and the time necessary to achieve them; remember
- A justification for support, explaining how your proposal is aligned with the remit and objectives of the Fund
- Details of any development of industrial engagement in your project and plans to advance this
- IP status: Are third parties involved and how will IP be managed with respect to these collaborators? Has the research in this proposal been funded in the past by a third party? How will you manage background and foreground IP? Have you consulted all relevant agreements in advance of submitting your application; e.g. MICA
- A description of the match funding secured