Developing a novel dengue vaccine
Professor Arturo Reyes-Sandoval (Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine) was awarded funding for his project to develop a new vaccine against dengue fever.
Modulating circadian rhythm disruption
Dr Sridhar Vasudevan (Department of Pharmacology) received funding to investigate a series of drugs which could be used to modulate and treat circadian rhythm disorders.
Developing slow-wave activity saturation as a marker of depth of anaesthesia
Dr Katie Warnaby (Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences) received funding to develop a new technique for measuring depth of anaesthesia in patients.
funded projects 2020
- Endosomal escape technology to maximise the therapeutic potential of brain-targeted EVs conjugated with siRNA via GAPDH in Huntington's disease, Matthew Wood (Department of Paediatrics, Medical Sciences Division)
- Neurostimulator with Artefact-free Recording of Electrophysiological Signals (NARES) for Closed-loop Stimulation, Huiling Tan (Medical Sciences Division)
- Making Novel T cell Receptor Therapy for Acute Myeloid Leukaemia And Other Cancers, Paresh Vyas (Medical Sciences Division)
- MAGNETO: Magnetic Actuators and Neural Engineering for TMS Optimisation, Timothy Denison (Mathematical, Physical & Life Sciences Division)
- Application of an ultra-deep paired antibody sequencing platform for drug discovery in acute and persistent viral infections, John Frater (Medical Sciences Division)
- Developing the anti-cancer therapeutic compound NBS037 to an IND filing and Phase I human trial, Karl J Morten (Medical Sciences Division)
- Biased agonism of GPR84 as a novel dual anti-inflammatory and pro-repair mechanism, Angela Russell (Medical Sciences Division)
- Circulating Placental DPPIV Positive Extracellular Vesicles as a Biomarker for Gestational Diabetes Mellitus, Manu Vatish (Medical Sciences Division)
- Single-cell multi-omics as a technology platform for therapeutic target discovery in poor prognosis leukaemia, Adam Mead (Medical Sciences Division)
- Oligonucleotide therapy for DMD cardiomyopathy via a patient derived cardiomyocyte screening platform, Matthew Wood (Medical Sciences Division)
- Chimeric Bicyclic Peptides for Targeted Delivery of Antisense Oligonucleotides, Richard Raz (Medical Sciences Division)
- The Fit for Labour test: risk stratification at the onset of labour to provide clinical decision-support to labour management, Antoniya Georgieva (Medical Sciences Division)
- A Smart Infant Monitoring System (SIMS): A fully automated, real-time system that measures pain and can predict physiological instability following acute procedures in neonates, Aomesh Bhatt (Medical Sciences Division)
- A novel pathway for therapeutic targeting in cardiometabolic diseases, Ellie Tzima (Radcliffe Department of Medicine, Medical Sciences Division)
- Development of CRISPR gene therapy for Stargardt disease, Robert MacLaren (Medical Sciences Division)
- AI-Based Covid-19 Diagnostic Tests using Routine Clinical Data, David Clifton (Mathematical, Physical & Life Sciences Division)
- Translational development of an outer membrane vesicle vaccine against gonorrhoea, Christine Rollier (Medical Sciences Division)