Remit of the Scheme
The Medical Sciences Internal Fund Pump-Priming Scheme accepts applications for small awards (up to £12,000). The scheme aims to enable investigators in the Medical Sciences Division to obtain pilot data to support larger-scale applications to external funders in future.
Funding is available in the categories listed below. All categories are run simultaneously through the single MSIF Pump-Priming call in IRAMS. Applicants should select the relevant category in the Case for Support document.
- Goodger and Schorstein Scholarship for Postdoctoral Researchers
- Early Career Clinical Academic (Clinical Lecturer) Pump-Priming
- Early Career Researcher Pump-Priming
- Mid-career/Senior Academic Pump-Priming (mid-career or senior researchers must provide strong justification for why they require internal funding, and why costs cannot be met from their other funding sources)
- Clinical Pre-Fellowship Applications
Funding for the MSIF Pump-Priming Scheme comes from the Nuffield Benefaction and the Goodger and Schorstein Fund.