The Teaching Excellence Awards scheme has been in place since 2006. It recognises and rewards excellence in teaching, the organisation and development of teaching, and support for teaching and learning within a research-intensive environment.
This year’s prizes were awarded to the following staff from across the Division:
- Major Educator – Dr Denis O’Leary
- Excellent Teacher – Associate Professor Kristine Krug, Professor Matthew Rushworth
- Early Career Excellent Teacher – Dr Jennifer Carter, Dr John L. Kiappes
- Commendations - Associate Professor Helen Christian, Associate Professor Paul Fairchild, Professor Chris Norbury, Professor Trevor Sharp, Associate Professor Pawel Swietach, Associate Professor Alison Woollard
- Further (first-time) Commendations - Dr Zoi Alexopoulou, Professor Nigel Emptage, Dr Damian Tyler
- Learning support – Mrs Felicity Bennet
- Projects - Professor Brian Angus, Dr Nicola Barclay, Dr Paul Dennis and Professor Chris Pugh, Dr Deborah Hay, Associate Professor Leanne Hodson and Professor Marella De Bruijn, Professor Anton van den Merwe, and Dr Denis O'Leary
Head of Division Professor Gavin Screaton congratulated the awardees, noting that the awards: 'formally acknowledge significant educational achievements, reward individuals who have exceeded expectations in carrying out their duties, and support the aspirations of those who wish to innovate and enhance our educational provision.'