01865 226829 (PA)
Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine
- Honorary Consultant Cardiologist
- Head of the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine
- Director, University of Oxford Centre Clinical Magnetic Resonance Research (OCMR)
Phenotyping of cardiovascular and multiorgan disease with advanced non-invasive imaging methods
Stefan Neubauer is a Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine, Head of the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine and Director of the Oxford Centre for Clinical Magnetic Resonance Research (OCMR), University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, United Kingdom.
Professor Neubauer’s work over the past 35 years has been devoted to the development and application of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (CMR) imaging and spectroscopy, and, in recent years, also to the development of novel liver and multiorgan MR imaging as well as novel coronary CT imaging.
He has attracted over £180M in research funding, has published >580 original research articles and currently leads a group of ~60 co-workers. He has supervised over 50 PhD/MD students, who have won >25 young investigator awards.
Editorial positions and contributions to scientific bodies include:
- Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (President 2006-2007)
- Chairman of the British Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (2008-2010)
- International Associate Editor of the European Heart Journal (2010-2020)
- Associate Editor of the Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance.
Awards and Honours include:
- American Heart Association Paul Dudley White International Lectureship Award 2005
- British Cardiovascular Society Thomas Lewis Lecture 2008
- National Institute for Health Research Senior Investigator Award 2010
- the European Magnetic Resonance Award 2010
- the SCMR Gold Medal 2013
Professor Neubauer is a fellow of the UK Academy of Medical Sciences. He has been the leader of the Imaging Theme for the Oxford NIHR Biomedical Research Centre since 2017. He is also a founder, and was (2012-2019) CMO of Perspectum, a biomedical imaging biotech company, and is a founder and NED of Caristo Diagnostics (since 2018), a cardiac CT spinout company.