My other applications will be for Medicine. Will I be considered?
No. The selection criteria for the Biomedical Sciences course are:
- A competitive overall BMAT score and ranking.
- Motivation and capacity for sustained and intense work.
- A strong track record of academic achievement, and particular ability and potential in science and/or mathematics. An excellent record at GCSE (or equivalent).
- Evidence that the academic terms of a conditional offer are likely to be met.
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm and readiness to cope with the academic demands of the course.
- Reasoning and problem solving ability: use of a logical and critical approach, and strong powers of analysis.
- Communication: Good command of the English language. Ability to express ideas clearly and effectively. Ability to listen.
- Ability to generate own ideas and proposals. Originality and creativity of thought, lateral thinking and hypothesis-generation.
- A demonstrable commitment to the study of biomedical sciences and/or neuroscience at university.
As such we will be looking for people who are motivated to study Biomedical Sciences.