Oxford Medical Statistics Network (OxStat)
Founded in 2017 by Louise Linsell and Derrick Bennett
Supported by the Nuffield Department of Population Health Training Committee
The Oxford Medical Statistics Network (OxStat) is open to staff and postgraduate students with an interest in medical statistics, working or studying within the Medical Sciences Division. The aim of the group is to facilitate networking, communication and collaboration, and to provide informal support and foster good practice.
The network circulates a newsletter and holds free events every term, such as talks and workshops from internal and external speakers. Anyone within the division with an interest in medical statistics (epidemiologists, medical statisticians, health economists, data scientists, DPhil students) is welcome to join.
If you have any relevant news or upcoming events to publicize please send them to the OXStat mailing list email@example.com.
What are the network aims
- To provide an opportunity for networking with fellow medical statisticians in Oxford
- To provide a hub of informal support and shared learning for statisticians work in health related research
- To encourage collaborative work in methodology and statistics
- To hold and promote local statistical events, teaching and career development opportunities
What is outside the remit of the network
- The OxStat network does not provide statistical consultancy, guidance on study design or support for grant applications. Support for grant applications is provided by Research Design Service South Central; Oxford University Statistical Consulting provides consultancy services to both internal departments and external businesses and organizations.
To find out more information on OxStat or to sign up to the mailing list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Networking event on 26 May, 2022
OxStat will be hosting a half-day networking event in the Big Data Institute on Thursday 26 May. The event will feature brief talks by members of the OxStat committee and some informal breakout sessions to discuss topics related to the four broad themes of : "teaching", "methodological development", "clinical trials/epidemiology" and "Machine learning/big data".
find out more
Associate Professor, Clinical Trials Service and Epidemiological Studies Unit (CTSU), Nuffield Department of Population Health
Director National Perinatal Epidemiology Unit (NPEU) Clinical Trials Unit, Nuffield Department of Population Health
OXSTAT Committee Members
DPhil Student, Clinical Trials Service Unit and Epidemiological Studies Unit (CTSU), Nuffield Department of Population Health
Data Scientist, Nuffield Department of Population Health
Medical Statistician, Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Sciences
Medical Statistician, Clinical Trials Service Unit and Epidemiological Studies Unit, Nuffield Department of Population Health
Deputy Director Academic/Lead Trial Statistician, Primary Care Trials Unit, Nuffield Department of Primary Cate Health Sciences
DPhil Student, Nuffield Department of Population Health