Legislation, Codes of Practice etc.
- The Animals in Science Committee: the advisory non-departmental public body of the Home Office. responsible for providing advice to the Secretary of State on issues relating to the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 as amended.
- DEFRA (International Trade) - The Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs has responsibility for regulating international trade of animals to and from the UK. This site is an authoritative source of information on the health conditions for international trade in live animals and animal products to, from or through Great Britain. It also includes general information relevant to such trade.
- The full text of the European Directive 2010/63/EU. (which replaces the 1986 Directive 86/609/EU).
Organisations & Associations
- FRAME - FRAME is the Fund for the Replacement of Animals in Medical Experiments. This site is a good resource for 3R's related information.
- Laboratory Animals Ltd - The website for 'Laboratory Animals', the international journal of laboratory animal science and welfare. Online articles and reprints available, in addition to a comprehensive links section.
- LASA - The Laboratory Animal Science Association website. Membership information and a links section.
- BVA - The British Veterinary Association is the national representative body for the British veterinary profession.
- LAVA - The Laboratory Animal Veterinary Association is a division of the British Veterinary Association.
- RCVS - The homepage of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, the regulatory body governing the veterinary profession in the UK.
- UAR - Understanding Animal Research - The Research Defence Society, a UK organisation which represents doctors and scientists involved in animal research.