If you want to invest in your career, a great site to explore is that of the University's Careers Service. The Careers Service provides support in securing your next role or building your career portfolio, runs careers fairs and events, and even offers 1:1 sessions with careers advisers.
MSD Skills Training also run career-related courses, which you can find on our All Courses page.
Below are additional resources for your career development:
- Vitae - a global leader in supporting the professional development of researcher; here you will also find the Researcher Development Framework, which describes the knowledge, behaviour, and attributes of successful researchers
- The Concordat to support the career development of researchers - an official agreement that the University of Oxford is a signatory of; amongst other items, this document set out the entitlement for researchers to engage in a minimum of 10 days professional development per year (pro rata)
- The NIHR's career support for researchers - this site is dedicated to researchers in healthcare and provides advice and support for their careers
- The Researcher's Trailmap - a useful resource prepared by the Researcher Hub for fixed-term researchers, highlighting things to consider for yourself, your research, and your career
- Researchers in Motion - a unique pan-European initiative delivering information and support services to professional researchers. Backed by the European Union and its Member States, it supports researcher mobility and career development, while enhancing scientific collaboration between Europe and the world.
- LinkedIn Learning courses on career development - designed for every step of your career by instructors with real-world experience