- Hand-2: Needle fasciotomy versus limited fasciectomy for treatment of Dupuytren's contractures of fingers
- Treatment of Hidradenitis Suppurativa Evaluation Study (THESEUS)
- POINT: A multi-centre randomised trial of surgery versus non-surgical splint treatment for proximal phalanx shaft finger fractures in adults
- Surgical interventions to treat severe pressure sores (SIPS)
- WIRE Trial
- TRIGGER Trial
- Improving treatment decision making in hand surgery
BSc(Hons), MBChB(Hons), MSc, MBA, PhD, FRCS(Plast)
Honorary Clinical Research Fellow
- Associate Professor and NIHR Postdoctoral Fellow, Warwick Clinical Trials Unit
- Consultant Hand & Plastic Surgeon, Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
I completed clinical and academic training in Edinburgh, Nottingham, Bradford, Sheffield, The Mayo Clinic, Stoke Mandeville, Oxford, Ganga Hospital, and Chelsea & Westminster.
Previously, I have held an NIHR Academic Clinical Fellowship and a Departmental Clinical Lectureship in Oxford before securing this NIHR Postdoctoral Fellowship.
In addition to my NIHR Postdoctoral Fellowship, I am also a Consultant Hand and Plastic Surgeon at Stoke Mandeville Hospital.
My research focusses on improving how we measure outcomes in hand and plastic surgery, and applying this in different scenarios. These include clinical trials and observational studies and in clinical decision-making solutions.
I am interested in evidence synthesis, clinical guideline development, and health service policy. I have held an honorary research fellow at Warwick Evidence (University of Warwick), and both a Scholarship and a Fellowship at The National Institute for Health & Care Excellence (NICE).
I am also involved in the development and management of the British Society for Surgery of the Hand (BSSH)'s UK Hand Registry (UKHR), and quality improvement in healthcare.