Download the case for support form (if you require an accessible form please contact Kavita S Subramaniam). The application form should be submitted online via IRAMS link which requests information about the principal applicant and any co-applicants or collaborators, a lay summary (non-confidential), a financial breakdown of your proposal (X5 report must be appended), a Gantt chart depicting the timeline and milestone of your project and a case for support form uploaded to the application system.
You must incorporate all requested components of the case for support into one document (see application form) and upload this in the template provided on IRAMS as one single PDF. IRAMS Guidance in the form of quick reference guide documents for applicants, departmental approvers and administrators can be found on Research Support pages.
Please note that applications must be reviewed and approved in IRAMS by a Departmental Approver before they will be reviewed by the MORU-Oxford DiTi Panel; the advertised application deadline is the deadline for final submission to the MORU-Oxford DiTi Panel. Departments may set an earlier internal deadline to allow for departmental review, so please check with your local admin team and submit your application to your Departmental Approver in advance of the advertised deadline.
Lead applicants are strongly encouraged to contact their local translational support team before the application deadline. The purpose of these discussions will be to:
- Finalise the concept for the proposal and ascertain eligibility for the scheme
- Assist teams in finding collaborating groups in Oxford/MORU network as appropriate
- To identify opportunities for project support (both financial and non-financial) to accelerate translation
- Assist with application development
Please note: if you haven’t yet identified a corresponding partner team at Oxford or MORU (as appropriate) with whom to collaborate, your organisation’s MORU-Oxford DiTi Support team can work with you to identify potential synergies and to explore potential partnerships to take your proposal forward.
The case for support form must include:
- A 250-word abstract of the proposal requesting this funding, including specific tropical or infectious disease (s) to be tackled and the proposed diagnostic tool(s)
- A 500-word scientific justification on the background information and unmet need of the disease in which your proposal will be addressing
- IP status: Does the project require use of background IP and do you/will you have the necessary agreements in place if such background IP is controlled by a third party? Will the project generate any arising IP? How will this be managed between collaborators
- Project objectives and proposed outcomes, including information about proposed development milestones and potential next steps following completion of the project to include, for example, sources of follow-on funding, plans for commercialisation, key stakeholders for implementation of outcomes
- A project timeline, aligning with milestones to demonstrate that these are realistic both in terms of the objectives set and the time necessary to achieve them in the form of a Gantt chart to be appended
- A discussion around market competition – will the proposed research offer significant advantages over current methodologies and/or approaches from other research teams?
- Details of any industrial engagement in your project and plans to advance this
- A justification for support for the MORU- and Oxford based teams, explaining how the proposal is aligned with the remit and objectives of the fund
The deadline for submission of applications to IRAMS is 12pm (BST) on Friday 15 September 2023.