Join Oxford Medical Alumni
In partnership with the University Alumni Office OMA offers many benefits to you:
- Medical school reunions
- Academic lectures
- Subscription to our newsletter Oxford Medicine
- Access to JSTOR
- Discounts throughout Oxford and beyond
- More about Oxford alumni benefits
How to join OMA
- Recent Medical Graduate? If you graduated through the Oxford Medical School within the last five years then you can join. Membership costs £30.00. (Please note this is a one off payment and covers the first five years after your qualification as a doctor from the Oxford Medical School.
- Graduated more than 3 years ago? If you graduated through the Oxford Medical School more than three years ago then you can join.
- Medical teacher but not an Oxford matriculand? If you are not a matriculated member of the University of Oxford but taught, or teach, medical students then you can join. Your application for membership will be reviewed by the OMAAB and you will be notified of the outcome in due course. Your membership fee will be refunded if your application is unsuccessful.
- If you would like to join OMA, please contact us.
Osler House started on a site next to the Radcliffe Infirmary in the early 1940's as the social focus for the Oxford Clinical School. Named after Sir William Osler it is now to be found on the John Radcliffe Hospital site, where it remains exclusively for the use of the clinical medical students. Whether you enjoyed sports, bops, societies, or just a space to hang out with your friends, Osler House had something to offer to everyone. The excellent welfare support network is still in place to ease students through the tougher times and the academic reps raise ‘ideas, concerns or expectations’ with academic staff.
Tingewick Pantomime, is exclusively acted, written, designed, and produced by medical students from the University of Oxford. Starting in 1938 the pantomime has grown into the biggest event in the Oxford hospitals' calendar. Outrageous, witty, and perceptive the pantomime is a memorable part of the Oxford medical student experience. Each year 'Tingewick' is witnessed by over 1,400 doctors, nurses, students, and members of the public, and whilst tickets are free, audience donations, collected after each performance typically raise over £20,000 for that year's chosen charities. Read the list of Tingewick performance titles from 1940 to 2015...