Course Director - Biomedical Sciences programme, Director of Pre-clinical Studies
- Associate Professor in the Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics
- Tutorial Fellow at St Edmund Hall
In these roles, I am responsible for the organisation and delivery of Years 1 to 3 of the standard medical course and the undergraduate Biomedical Sciences programme. I work closely with Kirstie Vreede and her team in the Medical Sciences Teaching Centre and with my academic colleagues Chris Norbury, on admissions and Helen Christian, who chairs the Final Honours School course committee.
- We organise and manage the selection procedures for the courses
- We manage the curriculum and teaching for students working towards the First BM examinations and Preliminary Examination in Biomedical Science
- We oversee the teaching for students working towards the Final Honours School examinations.
- We are responsible to external and internal bodies for the running of the course.
I am a member of the Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics. My research has studied the function of membrane transport proteins in cartilage and cancer cells.
I am the American Fellow in Physiology at St Edmund Hall where I look after Medicine and Biomedical Sciences students.
I teach about cellular and systems physiology and was appointed as Course Director for Biomedical Sciences in 2009 and as Director of Preclinical Studies in 2020.
Related Links and Resources
Course Information for Current Medicine Students (WebLearn)
University admissions web pages for Biomedical Sciences
Biomedical Sciences - Information for academic staff (SharePoint)
Information for prospective Biomedical Sciences students
Information for current Biomedical Sciences students (WebLearn)