Deputy Head of Division (Translation and Personnel)
The Deputy Head of Division (Translation and Personnel) provides leadership support for the Head of Division in areas related to clinical translational research and personnel, including representing the Division’s interests within the University, with external funders and within the National Health Service.
- Establishing an enabling infrastructure for clinical translational research
- Facilitating the translation of basic and clinical research into therapies, techniques and medical products with therapeutic value
- Overseeing the University’s sponsorship of all clinical research
- Facilitating the provision of high quality support services for all aspects of clinical research, including clinical facilities, clinical trials and compliance with relevant legislation and regulation
- Liaising with the local NHS trusts in support of the clinical research agenda in both the University and NHS
- Coordinating cases to be submitted to the University’s Senior Appointments Panel
- Reviewing proposals to create new academic posts (including RSIVs and Associate Professors) within the Division
- Managing and reporting university studies to all appropriate bodies.