Research Funding and Strategy
The Research Funding and Strategy Team support the Division’s research mission by facilitating research strategy, policy and funding. For research enquiries please contact Leila Whitworth in the first instance. For enquiries about internal funding opportunities please email email@example.com.
The Research Funding and Strategy Team is responsible for developing research strategy, policy and support to develop and promote the Division’s research mission.
Strategy and Support
- Research themes and research partnerships
- Advancing positive research culture
- Research assessment, including the Research Excellence Framework
- Engagement, including public engagement, policy engagement, innovation and knowledge exchange
- Major prize nominations
- Researcher's Toolkit
Facilitating external research funding
- Coordinating and supporting major bids to external funders including:
- Large strategic bids and calls that require a single institutional bid
- Calls that have a cap on the number of applications
- Supporting strategic bids with institutional commitment and letters of support
- Relationship management for key research funders
Managing internal research funding
- John Fell Fund
- Medical Sciences Internal Fund: Pump Priming
- Wellcome Trust Institutional Strategic Support Fund
- Supporting and assessing bids to other centrally managed internal funds
Director of the Wellcome Centre for Integrative Neuroimaging; Associate Head of ...