Headington Planned Developments and Updates
This page aims to provide updates on the ongoing works by the University for the Nursery, Building 696 (BioEscalator/Novo Nordisk/Car park) and the Big Data Institute. You will also find the update on details of planned construction or other activity which may affect you around the Headington campuses (e.g. Old Road Campus, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust)
The combined Old Road Campus consisting of the Old Road Campus and Park Hospital is subject to development as detailed in the Estates Services link: http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/estates/aboutus/managingtheestate/capitalprojects/#d.en.171362
Contacts for works on Old Road Campus site: email@example.com
Building 696 (BioEsCalator/Novo Nordisk/car park)
The main contractor for the construction of the Building 696 (BioEscalator/Novo Nordisk/Car park) will return to site in early 2017 with an anticipated completion of July 2018.
THE BIG DATA INSTITUTE/NDPH BUILDING
The completion of this building is anticipated at the end of this year with soft and hard landscaping, which has recently started, to be completed in the first quarter of 2017.
For the Mace related construction works: firstname.lastname@example.org
Energy Link Update (OUH NHS FT project)
The works to lay the Heat Pipe connecting the JR with the Churchill Hospital commence on Old Road from 8 March. This means that from 8 March to 25 April Churchill Drive will be closed to all vehicular traffic between Old Road and Roosevelt Drive. Full details of the impacts for Old Road Campus and the Churchill are available at http://www.ouh.nhs.uk/about/developments/energy/churchill.aspx.
Key points raised by the OUH NHS FT:
- Cars can only enter & exit the Churchill site from Roosevelt Drive 8 March - 25 April
- Work on Old Road is 7 days a week. Churchill Drive is currently 5 days a week
- There is 24-hour security. In case of emergency such as access for fire or ambulances call 0800 6124 039
- Please contact Jo Lennon, OUH NHS FT Community & Stakeholder Liaison on 07342 086843 if there are likely to be Heavy Goods Vehicles making deliveries to buildings accessed from Churchill Drive
- There are NO buses (700 and 900) on the Churchill site 23 March – 25 April. They will stop on Old Road instead. The 700 and 900 will be re-routed during other phases, so staff and visitors should see the Stagecoach website for details (or ask the driver) www.stagecoachbus.com/headington
- Please obey the traffic management signage which is in place for the safety of everyone on the site
Further information is available on the OUH Hospital Energy Project webpages.
For up to date information, follow Twitter OUH_Estates #OUEnergy
Access to Headington website and email bulletin
The County Council’s Access to Headington work at Roosevelt Drive/Old Road/Gipsy Lane is now complete. Full details of the scheme are available at https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/access-headington.
The next phase of Access to Headington will take place on The Slade, anticipated to commence late March/early April 2017.
Nursery (at Old Road Campus)
Construction activity for the nursery is now completed.
http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/childcare/currentdevelopments/ provides information for University staff members on nursery and child care facilities and further information on the proposals for the new Headington Nursery provision.