Main Scheme: Early Career Excellent Teacher (titular)
These new awards formally recognise the excellent contributions to teaching and/or supervision made by individual members of Collegiate University and NHS staff within the Division who are within the first five years of their career as a University/NHS teacher, and would have no prior (or otherwise demonstrable) experience as a teacher in other sectors/from other institutions. This award will be made in recognition of staff who have been highly innovative and have developed exceptional expertise in teaching within a relatively short period of time.
This category of award is titular (unfunded).
Eligibility and Process
- Collegiate University and NHS staff involved in teaching and/or supervision of Oxford students within the Division, who are within the first five years of their career as a University/NHS teacher are eligible for this category of award.
- Staff are advised to contact Aga Bush if they have queries about the assessment process for Early Career Excellent Teacher awards and Divisional Commendations.
How to Apply/Nominate
- Individuals can apply using the Early Career Excellent Teacher application form.
- Staff, including departmental/course education committees, may nominate colleagues for an award using the Early Career Excellent Teacher nomination form.
- Please note: the nominee(s) must consent to being put forward for an award.