This includes categories such as sensitive data, financial data, examination papers and passwords
- Sensitive Personal Data
- Mass personal data relating to employees, students, alumni etc.
- Patient identifiable data
- Financial records and transactions
- Payment card data
- Sensitive research activities and Intellectual Property
- Examination papers & records
Storage and handling of some sets of confidential data are governed by University guidance and regulations, or prescribed by the relevant administrative unit. Where possible we have provided links to the guidance.
There is specific guidance on the preparation of examinations in the section 6.6 of the document Policy and Guidance for Examiners.
Definition of Sensitive Personal Data (Special Category Data)
The definition of Sensitive Personal Data can be found on the Information Compliance Team webpages.
On premise or in the cloud storage?
The difference between on premise and cloud storage and the options available to you.