Working with University teams
The Medical Sciences Business Development Team works closely with a variety of teams across the University of Oxford. Each team can offer researchers specialised services to facilitate innovation and industry involvement at Oxford. Researchers can also find further support in the Divisional Researchers' Toolkit and on our Internal Research Funding pages.
If you are an industrial partner interested in developing a collaboration or working relationship in the Medical Sciences, please contact Maxine Allen to discuss who can best support your needs. More information is also available on the University's Innovation and Partnership pages.
Business Development Teams
Business Development and partnering teams across the University support the establishment and long-term sustainability of collaborations with industry.
- Creating and managing a strategic alliance with an industry partner
- Building relationships with industry
- Accessing industrial resources
Oxford University Innovation
Oxford University Innovation (OUI) is the University of Oxford’s technology and research commercialisation company. Teams at OUI manage the University's intellectual property portfolio, working with University academics and researchers who wish to commercialise their work and use their expertise to create impact in wider society.
OUI can help you with:
- Commercialisation of research and intellectual property
- Establishing and supporting start-ups and spinouts
- Clinical outcome measures
- Translational funding
- Commercialising IP in partnership with Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
You can also speak to an OUI staff member through their hot desk scheme, which makes it easier for staff to access their expertise and advice.
Research Services work with Oxford’s researchers, divisions, departments, collaborators and funders to facilitate world-class research and provide comprehensive support across the research lifecycle – supporting funding applications, grant management and contracting to IP management and interactions with regional and national organisations.
Research Services can help you with:
- Grant applications and associated awards
- Research contracts
- Identifying Intellectual Property
- Clinical Trials and Research Governance (including support on ethical issues)
- Regional partnerships in research and innovation
- Information on funding opportunities
- Knowledge Exchange & Impact - creating, capturing and evaluating research impact