|Tel||+44 (0)1865 221683|
Medical Sciences Divisional Office
University of Oxford
Level 3, John Radcliffe Hospital
Oxford OX3 9DU
Divisional Financial Controller
I am Head of the Divisional Finance team for the Medical Sciences Division, with a remit to provide support and advice to the Departments of the Medical Sciences Division and the Medical Sciences Divisional Office on financial management and associated matters.
The Finance team provides the following services:
- Support through the University budgeting and forecasting cycles
- Financial modelling of new posts, buildings and courses
- Strategic financial planning
- Recruitment support – input to job descriptions, shortlisting and membership of recruitment panels
- Provision of technical accounting advice
- Financial review and analysis
- Process review and the provision of advice on process improvement
- Temporary support to Departments in need of finance resource, where resources allow
- Processing of inter-departmental journals
- Ad hoc financial queries
I am a Fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants and have a BA (Hons) History of Art from the University of Cambridge and an MA Medieval Literature and Culture from the University of London.
Prior to joining the University of Oxford I worked in senior financial roles in both the Higher Education Sector, including St John’s College, Cambridge and Goldsmiths, University of London, and in industry, for Energis and Scottish Telecom amongst others.