|Tel||+44 (0)1865 851045|
Medical Sciences Divisional Office (Education)
University of Oxford
The Fleming Suite
Level 3, John Radcliffe Hospital
Oxford OX3 9DU
MA (Cantab), MCrim
Assistant Registrar (Graduate School)
I am the senior officer responsible for the development of the Medical Sciences Graduate School. I work with the Academic Director of the Graduate School and a supporting Executive Group of senior academics on the development of strategic plans and their implementation. I also contribute to the development of policies relating to graduate matters at both divisional and university level and manage the implementation of such policies within the Division.
I line manage the Graduate School Officer, the Education & Funding Officer, and the Doctoral Training Centre Administrator, and have overall management responsibility for the Graduate School administrative team, which delivers:
- Support for graduate student administration across the Division
- Support for graduate admissions for several clinical departments
- Graduate School events and projects
- The Graduate School web presence, for both external and internal audiences
- The annual Graduate School Studentship Competition - this incorporates the award of Research Council funding, the management of which I am also responsible for
- A variety of other scholarship competitions
I am Secretary to (a) the Division’s Graduate School Committee, which oversees graduate activity within the Division and has responsibility for ensuring that high standards of teaching, supervision, examination and administration are maintained; and (b) the Divisional Graduate Joint Consultative Committee (the Divisional student committee).
Finally, I am responsible for investigating applicant and student casework which has been escalated to the Graduate School.