A coordinated bids process is under way for the Rosetrees Trust Interdisciplinary Prize. Eligible researchers should complete expressions of interest by Friday 2 February.
This funding call is an open competition aiming to develop collaborative studies between researchers in different fields. The Rosetrees Trust hope that by stimulating new research collaborations this prize will result in breakthroughs that have real potential to improve human health. The award is worth up to £250,000 over 3 years which can be used to support any aspect of the proposed research.
The University of Oxford will submit one application. Expressions of interest, with details of projects intending to stimulate collaborative research between Medicine and either Chemistry or Physics, are invited. Each expression of interest must have two lead applicants, one from each of the participating departments on each project, and should be submitted by Friday 2 February 2018 at 1500 via the IRAMS online application system.
Note the following;
- Applications should be truly interdisciplinary in nature – and clearly represent collaboration between two different departments
- Applications can relate to any disease or medical condition which affects a significant proportion of the population
- Only applications without commercializable background IP featuring in the proposal can be considered
- Only projects which are unlikely to generate any IP of commercial value will be considered to go forward as the institutional bid for Rosetrees funding
- Guidelines from the funder relating to scope and criteria for the institutional application can be found here
- All questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Expressions of interest should be submitted by Friday 2 February 2018 at 1500 and provide the information requested on the case for support form available on the IRAMS online application system.
The institutional nominee will be notified by Friday 9 February.