Specialist Waste Facility construction - loss of 20 parking spaces 15 Jan for 8 weeks
The construction of the Specialist Waste Facility requires the contractor to occupy 13 parking spaces in the middle section of the ORC main car park site. Unfortunately there will be 13 less parking spaces at ORC for the 8 weeks commencing 15 January 2018.
Temporary Car Park, ORC, closed Wed 14 Feb
Weather permitting, Tower Crane 1 is being removed by a mobile crane from Old Road Campus on Wednesday 14 February 2018. Unfortunately this requires full and unhindered access to the temporary car park, which will be closed completely for the entire day. To minimise disruption the removal has been scheduled during half-term.
Although these works are essential we recognise they are inconvenient and will cause disruption to staff and visitors travelling to ORC by car. Estates Services is investigating whether the overflow car park at Boundary Brook House could be made available. To alleviate parking problems for their staff during this time Departments may wish to consider:
- minimising the use of visitor permits e.g. not booking engineers in where possible and encouraging the use of public transport/park & ride to maximise space for staff;
- Encouraging staff who have flexible working arrangements to work from home or alternative locations;
- Reminding staff of the alternatives for accessing Old Road Campus by public transport and cycling:
- the 900 from Thornhill Park & Ride
- the 700 from Kidlington via Oxford Parkway (Water Eaton Park & Ride)
- the City 4 via Old Road (Cumnor to Wood Farm)
- Allowing staff more time to get to and from work and to arrive later / leave earlier where practicable