There is an opportunity to apply for funding for short term small awards to support Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) research.
Awards will be made from an internal GCRF fund to support cutting-edge research that addresses the challenges of economic development and wellbeing faced by developing countries. Awards made will range from £1k - £50k. Funding must be spent by July 2018.
The funds can be used for any activity or combination of activity listed below:
- Capacity and capability building
- Interdisciplinary and collaborative research activity
- Generating impact from research both within and beyond the sector
- Pump-priming activities to underpin GCRF and Newton bids to other funders, including relationship building
- Rapid response to emergencies where there is an urgent research needs
Activity can include, for example, dialogue meetings and events, secondments, additional activity on existing funded projects or fact finding research projects which may lead to larger GCRF/Newton bids.
The deadline for Internal HEFCE GCRF Support Fund applications to be submitted on IRAMS is Friday 12 January.
Please read the full guidance document for more details.