The CUREC 1 checklist and CUREC 2 application forms have been re-issued and now include a new question regarding University compliance with the statutory ‘Prevent’ Duty (please note that the related guidance is focused on how to identify and mitigate any related risks to staff or student welfare, and does not in any way address what people choose to research) . Please ensure that for all new aplications going forward, you download the latest versions of these forms from http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/curec/apply/ms-idrec-process/. In the first instance, sections A-E of the CUREC 1 checklist should be completed. If Sections D and E of the CUREC 1 checklist direct you to complete a full CUREC 2 application you do not needto complete sections F onwards of CUREC 1, and you should only send the checklist (sections A-D) from CUREC 1 with your CUREC 2 application
In addition, five of the CUREC Approved Procedures have been updated and re-issued as follows:
- AP07 CUREC Approved Procedure IDREC v3.0 for studies involving deception – full re-write and expansion
- AP18 CUREC Approved Procedure IDREC v2.0 for studies using psychophysiological methods with adults – Reviewed and updated
- AP19 CUREC Approved Procedure IDREC v.3.0 for studies investigating experimentally induced pain – Inclusion of chemically induced pain with Capsaicin and menthol
- AP24 CUREC Approved Procedure IDREC v2.0 for studies taking human samples – expanded from just blood, to include urine and saliva samples
- AP25 CUREC Approved Procedure IDREC v.3.0 for studies involving children in institutional and non-institutional settings – Clarification of Scope of procedure and updates to associated documents. Addition of a template assent form.
Please ensure you read, and follow, the new approved procedures, so that any studies you may be carrying out conform to the updated procedure. For AP25, the latest associated documents must be utilised going forward.
All new documents are live on the CUREC website.